An Yu, also known as the Dragon Girl and formerly as simply, The Dragon, is one of the supporting characters of the PJ Masks series. She technically made her debut in the episode "The Dragon Gong" in the second season, but in her dragon form only and her true name and form were not revealed until the Season 3 episode "Meet An Yu."
A thousand years ago, An Yu was trapped inside the Dragon Gong. The cause for this fate is currently unknown, nor is it known how long she was already guardian of Mystery Mountain at that point.
In "The Dragon Gong," the Dragon Gong in which An Yu was trapped in was moved into the museum. At that time, Night Ninja planned to use the gong in order to prevent anyone from opposing his goals on becoming the most powerful ninja. However, this was thwarted by the PJ Masks, who eventually returned the gong to the museum. Neither Night Ninja nor the PJ Masks discovered who the dragon actually was.
Eventually, in "Meet An Yu," Night Ninja stole the gong a second time and brought it to The Pagoda on Mystery Mountain. Unbeknownst to him, this was exactly what An Yu needed to free herself. She escaped the gong, returned to her human form, and resumed her duties as guardian of Mystery Mountain. While initially reluctant to let the PJ Masks help her, she eventually allied herself with them.
Protector of Mystery Mountain, she’s an ancient soul, half-girl half-dragon, freed after being trapped inside the Dragon Gong for 1000 years. Now she must protect Mystery Mountain, along with some help from the PJ Masks!
As An Yu
An Yu is helpful towards the PJ Masks when they are in trouble. At first, she shows to be adamant, stubborn, rude, and selfish in accepting any help from them and trying to keep them away from Mystery Mountain by defeating Night Ninja alone, as shown in "Meet An Yu," in which she refuses any help in getting rid of Night Ninja and his Ninjalinos from Mystery Mountain. Despite this, after the team helps her out in defeating the villains, she thanks them for helping her. She can also be strict, serious or no-nonsense, as she requires the PJ Masks to follow the rules of Mystery Mountain in "PJ Party Mountain."
An Yu doesn't like the world outside Mystery Mountain, and is reluctant to travel there, mainly because her powers don't work when she's away from Mystery Mountain. Due to her long imprisonment in the dragon gong, and her rarely ever leaving Mystery Mountain, she is unfamiliar with the modern world or modern day customs. In the short "PJ Masks Surprise" for example, the PJ Masks had to explain to her what a party is.
As The Dragon
An Yu in her dragon form is shown to be loyal and obedient to her former master (Night Ninja) when giving wishes. She can also be fierce and persistent (she kept reminding Night Ninja of his promise to return the mallet to her).
As An Yu
- Magic Flute/Dragon Staff: An Yu has a magic flute, with which she can interact with the objects around her, such as rocks or vines. It can also transform into a dragon staff, which can be used for teleportation and flight. However, when in her human form, her powers do not work in the modern world, as evidenced in the episode "The Splat Monster."
- Martial Arts/Acrobatics: However, she is not completely defenseless without her powers, and showed that she could still use her martial arts abilities and her flute, as seen when she used her martial arts skill to scare off two of Night Ninja's Ninjalinos and her powerless flute to lead the monster to the edge of the portal to Mystery Mountain, like the Pied Piper, so that she could regain her powers and turn it back into Teeny Weeny Ninjalino.
As The Dragon
- Dragon Breath: In her dragon form, she can use a power called "dragon breath," which blows her opponents away.
- Golden Force Field: She can protect people by putting them in a golden force field.
- Golden Bubbles: She can also trap opponents in golden bubbles.
As An Yu
In her human form, An Yu looks like a girl about the same age as the PJ Masks and the nighttime villains. However, she is much older than them, having been trapped in the Dragon Gong for a 1000 years. It is unknown if this imprisonment halted her aging, thus explaining her apperance, or if she is ageless and will always look like a child while in her human form.
An Yu has tan skin, and black hair that is tied into two hair buns. She has some slight freckles in her face. Her eyes are usually brown, but can glow red when she uses her powers. Her outfit consists of a red and gold helmet with a dragon head symbol attached to the front, red gloves that expose her fingers, a red dress with gold trim decorated around it and a gold armor covering, red leggings, and red boots.
As The Dragon
An Yu's dragon form resembles the dragons from Chinese mythology, with red and yellow skin and red eyes. She has a long, snakelike body with dorsal fins.