"Captain Pirate Robot" (also known as "Les Pyjamasques et le Capitaine Piratoast" in French) is the second segment of the 16th Season 5 episode of PJ Masks.
To get his ship back from Octobella, Pirate Robot becomes the captain of the PJ Masks. But can he be a good captain?
The following characters appeared in the episode "Captain Pirate Robot":
The episode starts with Pirate Robot enjoying a flight with Flybot Sally. After they land, a large tentacle pops out of the water, forcing the robots to abandon the ship. The tentacle takes the Spanner of the Skies down underwater.
During the day, Amaya, Connor, and Greg are playing with a toy submarine, when it bumps into a message in a bottle. Pirate Robot is asking the PJs to be his crew, while he goes on his mission to retake the Spanner from the tentacle.
After they transform, they meet Pirate Robot outside HQ, who explains how the “kraken of the deep” stole his boat. The PJs guess the “kraken” to be Octobella. Catboy and Owlette get their suits on, while Gekko summons Power Lizard. Upon seeing Power Lizard, Pirate Robot starts giving him orders, though the team informs him to ask nicely. Pirate Robot acquiesces, and everyone dives in the water, where they immediately spot the Spanner and Octobella swimming around it with a treasure chest in her possession.
Before Catboy can suggest sneaking up on Octobella, Pirate Robot orders the PJs to attack her and charges towards her. Octobella spots them and whirlpools the PJs away, while Percival also appears and snappy-snaps Pirate Robot away, though he is able to recover. He swims behind Octobella and scares her, then spots the treasure chest, but she whirlpools him away towards the big rocks. To his surprise, Gekko saves him, with the PJs commenting that they didn’t need an order to do so since they always help.
The PJs and Pirate Robot swim back to the fallen Spanner and confront Octobella, who swims away in panic and leaves the treasure chest behind. This comes off as suspicious since she gave up easily, but Pirate Robot takes this as a victory and offers to share the treasure with the PJs as a thanks for their help. Before they could stop him, he kicks the chest open and pulls out an anglerfish crystal statue, which hypnotizes the PJs and Power Lizard to do what Octobella says, revealing that it was all a trick to steal the team. Octobella reappears, takes the crystal, and commands the PJs to dig for crystals in her Crystal Garden forever, then whirlpools Pirate Robot, Power Lizard, and the Spanner of the Skies back to the surface.
Pirate Robot vows to save the PJ Masks from Octobella, just as they saved him from crashing into the rocks earlier. He and Power Lizard return underwater with the Spanner of the Skies. While Octobella summons a giant tentacle to attack the ship, Pirate Robot sneaks into the garden just as Percival leads the PJs there. He breaks the crystal with his spatula, freeing the team, and the four leave the garden with Percival fleeing. Angered upon seeing the group behind her, Octobella threatens to destroy the ship, only for Power Lizard and Owlette to defeat her.
Everyone resurfaces with the Spanner of the Skies still intact and meets up with PJ Robot and Flybot Sally playing with the toy submarine. Pirate Robot thanks the PJ Masks for their help, and everyone shouts out a modified version of the victory chant to praise Pirate Robot.
- Don't just give others orders. Ask for things nicely.
- Help others, even if they don't help you.
- Pirate Robot and Flybot Sally meet Power Lizard for the first time.
- Pirate Robot and Power Lizard meet Octobella and Percival for the first time.
- PJ Robot meets Flybot Sally for the first time.
- Pirate Robot joins the PJ Masks' victory pose for the third time.
- Baptiste Renard debuts as a writer in this episode.
- The PJ Masks's chant before the transformation sequence is modified in this episode: "PJ Masks, we're on our way! Into the night, we go, go, go!"
- The victory chant is also modified: "PJ Masks, all shout 'hooray'! 'Cause Captain Pirate Robot saved the day!"
- Gekko's riding armor reveals to come with a mask to help him breathe underwater.
- Another variation of the Control Crystal is introduced in this episode, this time in the shape of an anglerfish.
- This is the ninth time that HQ is seen in the daytime.
- Power Lizard gets a new nickname: Sea Dragon.
- Likewise, Octobella also gets two new nicknames: The Kraken and Octopus Terabyte.
- This is the first episode where only one Spirit Animal/PJ Rider appears, primarily Power Lizard.
- Because of this, it is also the first time that only one of the PJ Masks, in this case, Gekko, gets to use the Riding Armor.
- Pirate Robot says the PJ Masks' motto, "Time to be a hero!", for the first time.
- The Spanner of the Skies reveals to be driven underwater when Pirate Robot took back control of it.
- It is also revealed that Pirate Robot can survive underwater without short-circuiting.
- Pirate Robot says "PJ Masks" for the first time.
- In one scene, Power Lizard's chest glows green for a split second.