Catboy (real name: Connor) is one of the 3 main protagonists of PJ Masks. He is the leader, one quarter of the PJ Masks and he is the Marvel-influenced counterpart of the original Yoyo from an alternate universe. His vehicular method of travel is the Cat-Car (pre-Season 5) or Cat Stripe King (as of "Carly and Cartoka").
Long before the events of the television series, Connor met his friends Amaya and Greg in a sandpit at school.
At an unknown specific time, Catboy, alongside Owlette and Gekko, would obtain their powers by receiving superhero suits created by their Animal Spirits. However, it is unknown what caused the Animal Spirits to give him and his friends their powers.
Catboy is the leader of the trio, and the oldest too. Incredibly fast, amazingly agile, he can hear the quietest sounds across unbelievable distances! But he's also afraid of water! Still, when adventure beckons, “The amazing Catboy leaps to the rescue!” With these skills Catboy can outrun anyone and gives Night Ninja a challenge with his amazing leaps and acrobatic moves! His vehicle, the Cat-Car, gets the heroes from A to B in lightning speed and even shoots moth balls should there be anything in the way!
Connor takes great enjoyment in associating with Greg and Amaya. He can be a bit clumsy at times; this was especially emphasized in "Clumsy Catboy." Although he can be very sure of himself, and has a tough time admitting to being bad at something, he's nice, smart, caring, friendly, helpful, and funny. In "Catboy's Great Gig," it is shown that he sometimes has intense stage fright, similar to how Greg becomes nervous when he's presenting to the class.
As Catboy, Connor leads the PJ Masks through the steps of defeating villains such as Romeo, Luna Girl & Night Ninja. He prefers to have his own way, but still respects Owlette and Gekko when they ring in with their opinions. On many occasions, like his fellow members, childlike immaturity tends to overtake his mindset on the mission leading to issues (such as getting frustrated in "Catboy and Master Fang's Sword" and letting leadership go to his head in "Catboy Takes Control"), but this is always realized and corrected leading to the mission being done properly, and the villain's plans foiled. Despite being the leader of the team, each member still has as much priority.
- In "Robot's Pet Cat," Romeo used his animal ray to turn him into a cat so that Robot can have a pet.
- Twice, Catboy got zapped with the Baby Beam and became Kitten Boy. As Kitten Boy, he can be quite curious, playful, and cute, but sometimes, he can be bratty, demanding, and more emotional. He can sometimes act like a real cat, as he can actually drink milk from a bowl, walk, climb, sit, pounce, and run like one. He also likes to chase butterflies and play with fur balls.
- In "Gekko and the Opposite Ray", Catboy got zapped with the Opposite Ray and became Night Panther. In this identity, he is evil and hostile, as he and Dark Owl are super enemies with Gekko. However, he argues with Dark Owl a lot, and he is also competitive, since he and Dark Owl have tried to win against each other when trying to defeat Gekko.
Motive & Abilities
Catboy and the rest of the PJ Masks will fight various nighttime villains that are scientifically oriented, most of his appearances often involve him and the team stopping villains from stealing stuff.
- Super Cat Speed: His primary power, which allows him to run extremely fast. How fast exactly varies between episodes, but in the most extreme cases he is faster than the eye can see. However, he can only use this speed for short amounts of time (as seen in "Catboy and the Lunar Dome"). He can also use his speed to make things he touches go faster (as seen in "Moon Madness").
- Lightning Generation: A side effect of this power is that he can generate lightning while running, which he can harness for other purposes like recharging robots (as seen in "Robot Goes Wrong”) and the PJ Crystal (as seen in "Super Super Cat Speed").
- Dimensional Travel: As seen in "Carly and Cartoka," with the help of the PJ Power Crystal, Catboy can run fast enough to travel between Zoomzania and the city itself. However, he has only done this once.
- Super Cat Ears: He has enhanced hearing, allowing him to hear sounds that would otherwise be well outside his hearing range.
- Super Cat Jump: Another side effect of his super speed, he can jump much higher than a regular human.
- Super Cat Leap: A combination of Super Cat Speed and Super Cat Jump that allows him to jump in a fast reaction time.
- Super Cat Stripes: A power he gained in "PJ Power Up"; Catboy can shoot glowing energy stripes that can be used to tie up opponents or to grab/hold on to objects.
- Amulet Symbol: When pressed, he can communicate with his spirit animal (represented as the Alley Cat).
- Prehensile Tail: He is capable of using his cat tail to pick up objects such as a tennis racket or the remote for the Vacuum of Doom.
- Super Furball: A power gained in "Ninja Power Up," he can shoot glowing energy furballs from his hands as projectiles.
The following powers were temporarily gained in "Owlette of a Kind":
- Cat Eyes: A power identical to Owlette's "Owl Eyes," caused by Romeo's Power Copier. This power was self-nicknamed by Catboy upon discovery.
- Owl Wing Wind: Another temporary power of Owlette's caused by Romeo's Power Copier.
The following power, Super Cat Speed, was used when he was turned into Kitten Boy, though taking on different names:
The following powers were the same when he was turned into Night Panther in "Gekko and the Opposite Ray," though taking on different names/appearances:
- Night Panther Stripes: The opposite of Super Cat Stripes and were white in appearance.
- Panther Pounce: The opposite of Super Cat Jump.
Connor has light but tan skin, short, spiky brown hair and blue eyes. He wears a teal jacket with two light teal stripes on each upper sleeve covering a white T-shirt with a thunderbolt logo. He also wears light blue pants and red sneakers with lime green shoelaces.
During the nighttime, his pajamas consist of a blue shirt with his signature cat symbol in the middle. His shirt and pants carry the same striped design. He also wears blue slippers.
In the winter, he wears an additional blue jacket over his regular clothes and blue gloves.
Catboy's costume is a dark blue superhero suit with artificial fur, stripes resembling a lightning bolt, and a tail. He has darker blue accents at his feet and a cat insignia at his chest.
When going underwater or on space missions, he wears his spacesuit, which includes a helmet, gloves, and boots worn over his regular superhero costume.
As of the episode "The PJ Riders," Catboy gains a Riding Armor anytime he summons Cat Stripe King. The armor gives him a helmet with blue goggles, additional armored plates that cover his usual superhero costume, and glowing blue stripes.
The one time he became Night Panther, his appearance is identical to that of his superhero identity, but his different color is black with white stripes and dark gray eyes.