|Season 4, episode 23A|
(Overall episode #195)
| United States of America March 29, 2021
||Damien Dipita Kuoh
"Battle Of The Fangs"
"Mad With Moon Power"
"Catboy's Cat" is the first segment of the 23rd Season 4 episode of PJ Masks.
Catboy is taken by the idea of having a cat sidekick.
The following characters appeared in the episode "Catboy's Cat":
It is nighttime, and Pharaoh Boy is wandering the streets of the city. When he stops at a hat store, the alley cat tries to cuddle with him, causing Pharaoh Boy’s allergies to play up. He sneezes and drops his headdress. It rolls to the park, and as Pharaoh Boy runs after it, he notices the PJ Masks Headquarters. He thinks it’s the temple of Ra, and thus his to rule. He can’t find a way in however.
When he sees the cat followed him, Pharaoh Boy uses his magic to possess the cat. When the PJs return to HQ to pick up something they need for their mission, Catboy spots the cat, and decides to play with him while Owlette and Gekko head inside. As Catboy pets the cat, his powers react to Pharaoh Boy’s magic. Catboy thus thinks the cat can bond with him.
The following day, Connor tries to convince Amaya and Greg that the cat would make a great sidekick. They are not convinced however. That night, after transforming into the PJ Masks, Catboy finds the cat outside HQ, and names him Bob. He decides to stay at HQ and train Bob while Owlete and Gekko patrol the city with the Owl-Glider. No sooner are they gone, or the cat tricks Catboy into letting him into HQ. Once inside, Pharaoh Boy leaves Bob’s body and hides.
When Owlette and Gekko return to HQ, Pharaoh Boy uses the PJ Picture Player to make the Owl Glider and the Gekko-mobile go haywire. Owlette and Gekko leave HQ to get their vehicles back. When PJ Robot catches Pharaoh Boy at the Picture Player, Pharaoh Boy kicks him out of HQ. Only Catboy is still in HQ, and when he comes to his floor to fetch Bob, he finds Pharaoh Boy. Pharaoh Boy admits that he was the one that gave Bob his powers, and uses his magic to forcefully make Catboy possess Bob’s body. He then kicks the now cat-Catboy out of HQ.
Pharaoh Boy summons the PJ Crystal Totem. When Owlette and Gekko return with the recaptured Gekko Mobile, Pharaoh Boy reveals he took control of HQ and what he did to Catboy. As Gekko tries to enter HQ, Pharaoh Boy drains Owlette’s and Gekko’s powers from the crystal, thus rendering them powerless. When Pharaoh Boy calls the Owl Glider back to HQ, Catboy spots an opportunity. With their last powers, Owlette and Gekko help Catboy/Bob get inside the glider, so he can sneak into HQ. Once inside, he uses Pharaoh Boy’s allergies towards cats to get past him, and unlocks the door for Gekko and Owlette. Pharaoh Boy drains the last of their powers, turning them back into Amaya and Greg, but Catboy/Bob attacks Pharaoh Boy from behind and makes him drop his Staff of Ra. With the staff, Amaya and Greg restore their powers. When Pharaoh Boy demands his staff back, they let him have it on one condition that he frees Catboy, which Pharaoh Boy reluctantly does.
Pharaoh Boy leaves HQ, chased by Bob, while the PJs shout their victory cry.
- Sidekicks are not always necessary.
- Pharaoh Boy enters HQ for the first time.
- Catboy gives the cat a name: Bob and Bobcat. Conveniently, there is a type of medium-size cat called the Bobcat, sometimes referred to as wildcat or the red lynx, which is an animal native to North America.
- Pharaoh Boy discovers Owlette and Gekko’s daytime identities for the first time.
- He is also the fifth villain to discover the PJ Masks' (excluding Catboy's) daytime identities.
- Again, this was only live. He was spying on them from The World Beyond.
- Pharaoh Boy is shown to be allergic to cats.
- Catboy transforms into a cat for the second time.
- Pharaoh transforms into a cat for the first time.
- It is revealed that the Staff of Ra has the power to allow Pharaoh Boy to possess the bodies of others, or to forcefully inflict this power on others.
- Even though Catboy knew the cat was Alley Cat, he calls him "Cat," "Bob," and "Bobcat."
- This is the last episode of Season 4 that focuses on Catboy.
- Despite Alley Cat being unable to become Catboy's sidekick during that time, he would eventually become one in "Ninja Power Up" onwards.
- When the PJ Masks proclaim their signature victory phrase, Catboy says "Meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow!" in place of "PJ Masks, all shout 'hooray'!"
- This is the only episode to be directed by Damien Dipita Kuoh instead of Christian De Vita.