"Do The Gekko" (also known as "Gluglu et la danse du lézard" in French) is the second segment of the 17th Season 3 episode of PJ Masks.
Night Ninja hypnotizes all of the school kids with his special ninja dance.
During a dance party, Ninjaka uses a special Ninja dance that hypnotizes all schoolchildren to lead them to the mysterious mountain. Thanks to Flamme Rouge's warning and Gluglu's super powers, Les Pyjamasques liberate all the children.
The following characters appeared in the episode "Do The Gekko":
On Mystery Mountain, An Yu is meditating until her staff alerts her to trouble. Night Ninja is in the bamboo forest, with four of his Ninjalinos. He has taken one of the special bamboos (the same kind An Yu’s staff is made off) and filled it with Ninja Magic. Before An Yu can stop them, they poof away.
In the city, Amaya, Greg and Connor are on their way to the Night Under The Stars school disco. Greg in particular is eager to show off his new dance; The Gekko. When they notice a cat dancing, they realize something is not right and want to investigate, but before they can transform into the PJ Masks, they get interrupted by Cameron. Since they can’t let him know they are heroes, they have to follow him to the school instead.
An Yu is also at the school and informs the three friends about Night Ninja’s last scheme. The kids promise to help her, even though they have to do so in their civilian identities. It doesn’t take long before they spot some Ninjalinos, and follow them to Night Ninja. They arrive just in time to see Night Ninja transform the bamboo he stole into a flute that can force everybody to dance. With it, he wants to make all the people at the disco dance to Mystery Mountain, and make them into his servants.
Night Ninja discovers the three kids and uses his flute on them. He then goes to the school and puts his plan in motion. It is only thanks to An Yu, who saw the whole thing and protected herself against the flute by using pastries as ear plugs, that Greg, Amaya and Connor can escape Night Ninja. Now the 3 kids can finally go home and transform into their superhero alter egos.
Night Ninja begins to lead his captives to Mystery Mountain, while the heroes wonder how to stop him without falling under the flute’s influence again. When Owlette hears one of the girls remark that she liked Greg’s dance better, this gives her an idea. On her request, Gekko joins the other kids, and manages to resist Night Ninja’s music so he can do his own dance. It works, and the other dancers break free of Night Ninja’s spell to join Gekko’s dance. Owlette and Catboy take out the Ninjalinos, and An Yu closes the door to Mystery Mountain. After a brief confrontation, Gekko takes the flute from Night Ninja.
Night Ninja disappears and the kids go back to the school, led by Gekko. Owlette, Catboy and An Yu also join them.
- Whatever you do, just do it with fun.
- This episode, along with "Wolfy Powers," was early released on YouTube on September 25, 2019.
- An Yu is shown that she already knows the PJ Masks' civilian identities.
- It is currently unknown how she already discovered their true identities.
- This is the first time that the PJ Masks' transformation scene happens lately, instead of showing the scene early in the episode, unlike most of previous episodes. Also, while usually the transformation scene shows Greg, Connor and Amaya already in their rooms, this time it shows them returning home from the school before showing them instantly wearing their pajamas.
- However, since the audio for the scene is recycled from the original, Lionel can be heard as soon as the PJs head into their houses.
- This is the second time Cameron makes his major appearance.
- This is the second time Cameron and the other kids meet the PJ Masks.
- However, unlike the events of "Halloween Tricksters," the PJ Masks don't act casual anymore on disguising their voices, and had said their superhero identities right near the civilians for the first time, but the other kids still don't know who they really are.
- Though, none of the kids didn't know who the PJ Masks are really are, but it's pointed out that one of the unnamed kids recognized Gekko's "Do the Gekko" dance before and after he transformed into his alter-ego, and it would had possibly almost lead Gekko's real identity to be discovered.
- This is the second time the PJ Masks signature phrase, "PJ Masks we're on our way, into the night to save the day," was technically cut off by another character.
- This is the first time the PJ Masks confront and investigate a villain in their civilian identities.
- This is the third episode where PJ Robot does not appear.
- Catboy and Owlette mention Gekko's dancing skills previously shown in "Gekko Vs. the Splatcano" and "Invisible Owlette."
- Gekko uses his color changing power for the fourth time.
- Night Ninja says An Yu's name for the first time.
- This is the sixth time that the PJ Masks don't use their vehicles.
- This is the third time An Yu sets foot in the city.
- An Yu learns a new word for the third time. This time, the word is "disco".
- This is the sixth time An Yu joins in the PJ Masks' victory phrase.
- This is the last episode Devan Cohen voices Night Ninja.
- This episode reveals that Gekko loves dancing.
- The PJ Masks (in their daytime selves) are seen running into their houses at night for the first time.