Gekko (real name: Greg) is the tritagonist of PJ Masks. He is the youngest member, one quarter of the PJ Masks, and is a Marvel-influenced counterpart of Gluglu from an alternate setting. His vehicular method of travel is the Gekko-mobile.
Long before the events of the television series, Greg met his friends Connor and Amaya in a sandpit at school.
At an unknown specific time, Gekko, alongside Catboy and Owlette, would obtain their powers by receiving superhero suits created by their Animal Spirits. However, it is unknown what caused the Animal Spirits to give him and his friends their powers.
Gekko may be the youngest member of the team but he’s a strong and sticky master of camouflage! He’s ready to rush into danger and save the day with his super Gekko muscles. Always ready for action Gekko can scale walls and with his Gekko-mobile so can all the PJ Masks! It can even travel underwater. Watch out baddies, here comes the mighty Gekko!
Greg can sometimes be competitive when it comes to playing games, but he isn't very good at speaking to his class or rhyming (as evidenced in "Speak UP, Gekko!" and in the theme song of the series). When he isn't Gekko, he isn't as strong and that sometimes causes him to doubt himself. This is usually remedied by Connor and Amaya's encouragement. He's also nice, friendly, helpful, somewhat shy, fun, playful and brave.
On occasion, Gekko pretends to be Kick McGee along with Catboy playing as Master Fang during missions. He sometimes displays insecurity, such as in "Gekko's Super Gekko Sense" when he made up a new power due to thinking that the powers he actually had would now help win the game. He can be easily distracted (which was emphasized in "Slowpoke Gekko"). Like his fellow teammates, childlike immaturity tends to overtake his mindset on the mission leading to issues (such as him and Catboy rejecting Owlette's desire to play along as Flossy Flash with them in "Catboy and Gekko's Robot Rampage"), but this is always realized and corrected leading to the mission being done properly, and the villain's plans foiled.
Motive & Abilities
Gekko and the rest of the PJ Masks will fight various nighttime villains that are scientifically oriented, most of his appearances often involve him and the team stopping villains from stealing stuff.
- Super Gekko Muscles: His primary power; he has super strength which gives him the ability to lift extremely large and heavy objects, like a Komodo dragon. The upper limits of this strength are unknown, but he has been shown to perform feats like lifting the entire museum (as shown in "Mad With Moon Power").
- Super Lizard Grip: Can climb on walls and other surfaces like a gecko.
- Super Gekko Camoulflage: Can turn invisible.
- Super Lizard Water Run: Can run on water. This power has only been used once so far like a basilisk lizard.
- Color-Changing: Can change colors of his costume, like an anole lizard.
- Super Gekko Shields: A power he gained in "PJ Power Up," he can summon two shields attached to his arms, which he can use to block incoming attacks like a turtle. The shields can also be used as projectiles when Gekko throws them.
- Amulet Symbol: When pressed, he can communicate with his spirit animal (represented as Lionel).
The following powers were temporarily gained in "Owlette of a Kind":
- Lizard Vision: A power identical to Owlette's "Owl Eyes", caused by Romeo's Power Copier like a python.
- Owl Wing Wind: Another temporary power of Owlette's caused by Romeo's Power Copier like a draco lizard.
Greg has pale skin, green eyes and a blond parted hairstyle. During the daytime, Greg wears a light green sweatshirt with brown drawstrings and beige pants.
In the nighttime, his pajamas consist of a pair of light green pants and a shirt featuring a lizard track pattern and his signature Gekko symbol. His pajamas also have a white trim.
Gekko's costume is a light green superhero suit with artificial scales, a crest on his head, and a lizard tail. He has dark green padding at his elbows, legs and feet, and a signature lizard symbol at his chest.