"Gekko's Blame Campaign" (also known as "Gluglu rejette la faute" in French) is the second segment of the 22nd Season 1 episode of PJ Masks.
The mini-car that Greg borrowed from Cameron goes missing after he doesn’t take good care of it. And when it turns up in the nighttime powered up by Luna Girl, Gekko’s desire to not take the blame allows the villainess to nearly destroy HQ.
The following characters appeared in the episode "Gekko's Blame Campaign":
The episode starts off with Greg showing Connor and Amaya the ride-on car that Cameron lent him yesterday. They run over to his house to try it out, only to find that it’s gone after he left it out all night, thinking it would be okay to do so. Cameron comes over to pick it up, but when he hears what happened, he gets angry at him for losing it and states that he’s not lending his things to him anymore. Greg responds that it’s not his fault, though Connor and Amaya note that he does have to look after everyone’s things if he borrows them.
That night, the PJ Picture Player spots something moving across town. The PJ Masks drive out to find Luna Girl with Cameron’s car decorated as her own nighttime vehicle like theirs; it also has extra speed so the Gekko-mobile won't catch her. In the chase that follows, Gekko drives carelessly, knocking down multiple objects until his vehicle breaks down by the playground. He claims that Luna Girl made him cause this destruction.
Owlette and Gekko follow Luna Girl inside the perimeter. Owlette helps deal with the moths while Gekko attempts to take Cameron’s car away from her. Meanwhile, Catboy speeds off to get the Cat-Car since it’ll be fast enough to catch her. Once he comes back, the playground is wrecked from Gekko’s destruction during the chase, which he blames her for, despite Owlette’s warnings that he’s the one who caused it. Luna Girl drives off, ready for a race, and the team chases her in the Cat-Car with Gekko in the driver’s seat.
Following the pursuit that resulted in more damage from the furballs and Cat-a-Pult during Gekko’s failed attempts to find the Cat Roar feature to stop Luna Girl, the team is ejected; Owlette manages to catch Catboy and Gekko. Gekko gives the alibi that this was because of Luna Girl. Luna Girl drives over to HQ with the intention to destroy it. To do so, she plans to make Gekko so angry that he’ll do it for her and thus get the blame.
Gekko continues pursuing Luna Girl, who leads him to HQ so he can crash into it a few times. Catboy and Owlette catch up; although the moths block them from helping him, they warn him about his Super Strength, yet he still continues to blame Luna Girl. Luna Girl soon reveals her Luna Board under the car. With a couple more knocks, HQ starts tipping over. Owlette is unable to hold it with her Owl Wing Wind, so Catboy quickly rushes to the Cat-Car before the moths could stop him and uses its Cat Roar feature to stabilize the structure.
Gekko soon realizes that HQ was almost destroyed because of him. As Luna Girl escapes, he finally takes the blame and straightens it out, then admits his fault for leaving Cameron’s car out all night for her to take. He fortunately has a plan to get it back. The team has her chase them for a few moments with the Luna Board that was knocked off the vehicle in the ensuing chaos. They offer to give it back in exchange for the car. She resignedly accepts, takes her belongings, and flies away.
Gekko takes Cameron’s car for a quick ride, but breaks its horn due to his Super Strength. Nevertheless, he takes the blame, Catboy assures that they'll fix it, and the PJ Masks proclaim their signature victory phrase. The next day, Greg gives Cameron his car back, which is now back to normal, and apologizes for losing it, as well as breaking the original horn. Cameron apologizes for getting mad at him yesterday and tests out the new horn. He thanks him, and the two laugh together, ending the episode.
- Never blame others for the things they did.
- This episode (along with "Owlette and the Owletteenies") was released 4 days early on Disney Junior's mobile application and official website.
- This is the second time Luna Girl steals something from one of the PJ Masks' classmates, this time being Cameron's toy race car.
- This is also the second time that damage is caused during a mission. This time, Gekko was knocking down lampposts, garbage cans, playground equipment and destroyed a car, all while chasing Luna Girl.
- Luna Girl attempts to not take over HQ, but rather destroy it this time, and this time uses Gekko's growing anger to have him destroy it instead.
- Gekko rides the Luna Board again in this episode, turning the tables and using Luna Girl's anger to make her give up the car.
- Another "slow motion" moment occurs in this episode as the Cat-Car is seen flipping over Luna Girl's vehicle.
- This is the first time that Gekko was framed by Luna Girl.
- This is the second time a member of the team doesn't want to take the blame for what they have done. The first was Catboy in "Catboy and the Teeny Weeny Ninjalino."
- It is revealed that Gekko is able to use his super strength even when it's not active.
- Gekko drives the Cat-Car for the third time.