|Season N/A, episode 42|
(Overall episode #N/A)
| United States of America August 30, 2019
|Viewer count (millions)
"It's A PJ Masks Christmas"
"Minding Motsuki" (also known as "Le babysitting de Sorceline" in French) is the forty-second PJ Masks short.
Gekko helps Luna Girl deal with Motsuki's whims!
The following characters appeared in the episode "Minding Motsuki":
Gekko is working through the PJ Picture Player when he receives an alert - Luna Girl is at PJ Masks HQ and is asking for his help with an irritated Motsuki. Gekko reluctantly lets them in.
Luna Girl explains to Gekko that Motsuki won't do the things she tells her to do. She exemplifies this when she tells her to drink her milk and go to bed. Motsuki stubbornly declines while sending a couple of zaps from her crystal, then proceeds to mess with the controls on the PJ Picture Player. Luna Girl asks Gekko what she is doing wrong, especially since he's done babysitting before.
Gekko replies that Motsuki is not a baby, so Luna Girl shouldn't treat her like one, as like her, he doesn't like being treated younger than he is. That being said, he welcomes Motsuki into headquarters and offers her something to drink and a place to relax if she feels tired. Motsuki is pleased by how Gekko communicated with her and asks for some milk and walks over to the couch when Gekko gives her the drink. Luna Girl is surprised, but nevertheless impressed by how the gestures worked.
Motsuki demands Gekko and Luna Girl to sing her "Rock-A-Bye Baby." The two comply, and they sing to her as she calms down and eventually falls asleep.
- Do not treat others like a baby; they will not like it.
- This is the first short that Motsuki appears in.
- It is revealed by Gekko that Motsuki is supposedly not a baby, even though she clearly acts, and talks, like one.
- This is the second time one of the PJ Masks is alone in their HQ.
- Luna Girl telling Gekko that he had done babysitting before possibly mentioned "Terrible Two-Some."
- This implies that Luna was presumably spying on Gekko while he was babysitting Kitten Boy and Chicklette during the events of the aforementioned episode.
- Motsuki is the second villain to be invited into the PJ Masks HQ.
- The first was Luna Girl in "Moonbreaker."
- This is also the fourth time Luna was invited into HQ, the first three being the aforementioned episode and "Best Friends Forever," as well as the short "Moon Rocked."
- This is also the third time Motsuki enters HQ, as well as the first time she has done so in her insectoid form. The first two times were "Moon Madness" (her debut episode) and "Best Friends Forever," both when she was in her moth form.
- This is the last short where Kyle Harrison Breitkopf voices Gekko before Benjamin Hum takes over, though he apparently already started voicing the character for the hero profiles during the PJ Masks weekend takeover.