"Motuski Bugs Out" (also known as "Motsuki et les Papinuits géants" in French) is the second segment of the 15th Season 4 episode of PJ Masks.
Motsuki gets angry at being told she's too "buggy" to be in charge.
Motsuki gets angry because she is considered by all to be too small to run operations.
The following characters appeared in the episode "Motsuki Bugs Out":
The episode begins with Motsuki and the moths singing together. Luna Girl flies in to show her her keepsake box full of treasures. The ones that captivate Motsuki are the leftover moon crystals from the night she hatched, which glow as soon as she grabs them. She wants to use them for her future plans, though Luna Girl just teases her and demonstrates that bugs, even with crystals, need someone to command them by having the moths put her stuff away. They fly off afterwards. To show her, Motsuki uses the crystals to power up a moth that has stayed behind.
Later, Connor, Amaya, and Greg are playing with Amaya’s glow-in-the-dark plane when the moth knocks it down. After transforming, they fly into town to find Luna Girl and Motsuki with a pile of stolen toys and arguing. Luna Girl asks the moth to come to her, stating that she’s in charge, but it stays with Motsuki. Motsuki whistles for another one to come to her and powers it up with the moon crystal as well. She has both moths take the Luna Board from Luna Girl and plays with it. The PJ Masks come in to interfere, although Luna Girl states that everything’s under control.
The moths tickle-attack Catboy and Gekko, which Owlette blows them off with her Owl Wing Wind. Motsuki zaps Luna Girl, and the moths tickle-attack her as well until they are told to come back to her so she can increase their size. They blow the four kids away; before Luna Girl can retaliate with her Luna Magnet, they overwhelm her. Owlette tries to take care of them with her powers, but when they push her down, she turns to her Owl-Glider, only for them to prevent her from boarding and drop the aircraft in the moat. They then capture Catboy and Gekko, cocoon them, and place them on a web.
Luna Girl explains what she told Motsuki earlier; Owlette informs her that she hurt her feelings. She denies it and plans to swipe the crystals away, shrink the moths, and retrieve her belongings. Owlette gets an idea of her own; she flies up to Motsuki commanding the moths to get her bigger and better toys and lets her know that her buggy powers are cool; she can use them in a good way instead and not act nice just because Luna Girl treated her like that. She refuses.
The moths soon return with more toys, but they bump into each other. Luna Girl laughs at this occurrence and teases how Motsuki can’t do bad things, especially with her in charge since she believes that the moths are not doing anything right. Motsuki insults and angrily demands them to get her more toys instantly. Angered by her attitude, they push her down, cocoon Owlette and Luna Girl, and place them on the web. They then blow Motsuki away before she can zap them back to normal.
Motsuki realizes that she messed up because the moths are out of control and is unsure that she can fix the problem by herself. The team comforts her and gives her support and encouragement, convincing her that she can demonstrate her buggy powers to everyone, especially Luna Girl. Uplifted, she flies up to the moths, avoids their attacks, and manages to zap one back to normal. She then sings to calm down the other one and zaps it as well. She cuts the four kids free afterwards.
The team commends Motsuki and allows her to use her powers to help them anytime. Luna Girl finally admits that she hurt her feelings and apologizes. To make it up, she invites her to play with her and the toys that the moths stole. She accepts, and the girls go over to play, but the PJ Masks stop them and recommend helping them return the toys instead. They begrudgingly comply.
- Just because someone is mean to you doesn’t mean you get to be mean in return.
- Always use your abilities for good.
- This episode, along with "Magnet in the Moat," is the final episode to air in 2020.
- Motsuki says "Time to be a hero!" for the first time.
- When Luna Girl shows her keepsake box to Motsuki, some of her treasures are objects shown in the past episodes. These include:
- Although they are not spiders, the moths are shown to create silk webs and cocoons to trap their victims.
- Their ability to do so may have been inspired by real-life silkworms.
- Also, they can zap moonbeams from their antennae, even when they're not on the moon.
- Luna does a non-evil laugh for the first time (not counting her giggle when she was Baby Luna in "Big Sister Motsuki") and is the second villain to do so.
- Voice clips of phrases from "Luna's Cosmic Tantrum" and "Motsuki The Best" are recycled in this episode.
- When Luna Girl tells Motsuki, "If you're not going to listen to me..." the captions read, "If you won't listen to me...".