"Munki-gu in the City" (also known as "Les Pyjamasques et le singe de la montagne" in French) is the second segment of the 9th Season 4 episode of PJ Masks.
The PJ Masks' team spirit falls apart when Munki-gu sabotages their mission with pranks.
The following characters appeared in the episode "Munki-gu in the City":
Continuing on from the previous episode, Munki-gu hides from the PJ Masks before they leave Mystery Mountain. Gekko attempts to have him dance with him again, though when he appears, he just does some tricks to his amusement. The team tells Munki-gu that since he’s in the city, he can have fun, but not cause trouble. He refuses and runs away until he eventually loses them. Meanwhile, the Wolfies are intending to steal the pineapples the class is growing for their fruit salad in the school.
The next night, after seeing paw prints on the windows earlier, the team arrives to see Howler and Rip throwing Kevin over the school gates so he can open them. They refuse the offer of sharing the pineapples as they want them all. As Catboy walks over, he slips on a banana peel that Munki-gu quickly placed. Munki-gu introduces himself to the Wolfies, and he takes off with them. This gives the team a chance to put the pineapples in the Cat-Car so they can take them to HQ for the night.
Before Catboy can place the pineapples inside there, however, Munki-gu climbs on board and pranks him, causing him to crash. The Wolfies catch up, though Owlette blows them away before they could get the fruit. The team starts arguing about Munki-gu, fearing that the other villains might hear about him, but refocus on the mission. PJ Robot brings out the Owl-Glider and Gekko-mobile for them to travel around with a few pineapples each until dawn breaks.
Munki-gu sneaks over to HQ, convinces PJ Robot to come out with his Catboy imitation, and scares him away. He approaches the PJ Picture Player where he briefly contacts the team and controls their vehicles. In the chase that follows, Catboy and Owlette are taken down. They scold Gekko for freeing Munki-gu and letting him loose in the city, who declares that it was an accident. PJ Robot interrupts the argument by pointing out that the vehicles are returning to HQ.
Munki-gu plays with the pineapples stored inside the vehicles, then places them in the Owl-Glider. The team chases him when he takes off, telling him to stop, but he is too fast and can’t hear them. Gekko apologizes for freeing him in the first place, and Catboy and Owlette apologize for arguing with him, as it made them forget about the main mission. After he lands in a couple of trash cans while saving the pineapples, Catboy becomes frustrated, especially when he keeps getting laughed at. This gives Gekko an idea.
Gekko enlists Kevin, who has eventually grown tired of watching what’s happening, to help the team. While they distract Munki-gu with their attempts to make him laugh and catch the pineapples, he throws him over to the Owl-Glider to scare him away. Catboy grabs Munki-gu after he jumps out, and Owlette and Kevin fly over to the school. Howler and Rip, who have been entertained throughout tonight, are left disappointed.
In the classroom, once the PJ Masks explain what the pineapples are used for, Munki-gu understands. He gives them a bunch of bananas for their fruit salad tomorrow, waves goodbye, and flies out. They admit he’s funny and laugh at the banana peel placed on Owlette’s head. They then, along with Kevin, announce their signature victory phrase.
- Arguing distracts you from the mission.
- This episode serves as a continuation of its sister episode.
- This is the first special not to show it being a special.
- PJ Robot and the Wolfy Kids meet Munki-gu for the first time.
- Munki-gu flies the Owl-Glider for the first time.
- Munki-gu seems to enjoy annoying Catboy a lot.
- Munki-gu has an ability to imitate anyone's voices.
- This is the seventh time Kevin works with the PJ Masks.
- Matthew Mucci voices Howler for the first time, replacing Kaden Stephen.
- The PJ Masks whisper their chant for the third time.
- The scene of Munki-gu holding up a pineapple resembles Rafiki holding Simba as a cub from the movie, The Lion King.
- Munki-gu goes into PJ Masks HQ for the first time.
- Munki-gu goes into the school for the first time.
- Running gag: Catboy falling into a trash can after catching a pineapple.
- A scene from "Easter Wolfies" is shown on the PJ Picture Player.