"Newton and the Animals" is the second segment of the 4th Season 5 episode of PJ Masks.
Newton leads the PJ Pets on a mission to rescue the PJ Masks.
The following characters appeared in the episode "Newton and the Animals":
Connor, Amaya and Greg are calling Newton, whom they plan to see that night. Then Greg notices a trail of Sticky Splat, which means Night Ninja is up to something again. That night, the 3 friends transform into the PJ Masks and follow the trail. It turns out to be a trap, however, and they all end up getting captured by Night Ninja, who uses new Extra Strength Super Sleepy Splat to put the PJs in a deep sleep so they won't escape.
Lionel, however, has seen the whole thing and warns the PJ Pets, who warn PJ Robot, who warns Newton. They all meet up in HQ, where PJ Robot learns the PJs are being held captive in the Museum. Newton wants to rescue the PJs by himself, but is convinced to let the pets help him. He tries to make a plan and train the pets to follow his instructions, but with little success. Despite his inability to properly lead the pets, Newton attempts a rescue anyway.
Newton enters the museum first and confronts Night Ninja. Night Ninja reveals the whole thing was a trap for Newton as well. While Night Ninja is busy bragging about how ingenious his plan is, Newton tries to signal the PJ Pets to come to his aid, again with no success; the Pets fail to follow Newton's instructions and eventually just give up. Newton is thus left to fight Night Ninja and the Ninjalinos on his own. The Ninjalinos pelt Newton with blue Sticky Splat, and when Newton tries to deflect the splat with his star power, he instead ends up empowering the splat, turning it into Star Splat, just as Night Ninja intended. He traps Newton with one of the star splat projectiles.
Newton still refuses to give up despite his predicament, which inspires the PJ Pets to try another rescue. This time, Newton lets the pets do things their way, and they succeed in taking out Night Ninja and the Ninjalinos. They then free Newton, who takes back his powers and reverts the star splat to regular splat. Newton blasts Night Ninja out of the museum. Along with the pets, he then frees the PJs, who wake up from their slumber. The PJs, Newton and the pets shout their victory cry.
- There's more than one way to lead a team.
- Newton Star meets Alley Cat and Owly for the first time.
- Robert Vargas debuts as a writer in this episode.
- Newton gets a new nickname: Star Squirt.
- It is revealed that there is a Newton Star symbol like Catboy, Owlette, and Gekko's.
- This is the sixth time Newton says the PJ Masks' motto, "Time to be a hero!".
- Night Ninja introduces his Extra Strength Super Sleepy Splat and Sticky Star Splat, the latter which he got from his new mixture that absorbed Newton's Star Power.
- Night Ninja also appears to be in a program.
- This is the first time Newton is only seen in the city.
- Newton narrates the episode title for the third time.
- The first was in "Newton and the Ninjas."
- The second was in "Star Buddies."
- The episode title is similar to the episode title "Newton and the Ninjas."
- When the PJ Masks chant their victory, Newton says, "PJ Masks all shout hooray, 'cause in the night Newton and the animals saved the day!".
- This is the first episode since the short "Learning the Planets" where the PJ Masks are barely focused on.
- Newton says the first part of the victory chant for the third time: "PJ Masks, all shout 'hooray!'".
- The previous two times were in "Newton and the Ninjas" and "Luna Kazoomer."