"Ninja Moths" (also known as "Gluglu et les Papi-Ninjas" in French) is the first segment of the 5th Season 2 episode of PJ Masks.
The Moths and the Ninjalinos have gone rogue by teaming up to get rid of their own leaders.
The ugly acolytes, Ninjazouaves and Papilunes, join together to become one super villain. Gluglu then learns to put aside his pride and work hand in hand with Bibou and Yoyo to stop this new demonic team.
The following characters appeared in the episode "Ninja Moths":
The episode starts off with the PJ Masks taking on Luna Girl and Night Ninja to prevent them from ruining Space Day at the museum. While the moths and Ninjalinos chase Catboy and Owlette, Gekko is trapped by the Sticky Splats. Luna Girl and Night Ninja briefly fight over capturing him before deciding to work together to stick him to the roof. The villains laugh at him until Catboy and Owlette lead their sidekicks to crash into them. Gekko is freed afterwards, but is embarrassed at what happened.
Luna Girl and Night Ninja berate the moths and Ninjalinos for their defeat. They stumble as they leave the building while continuing their harsh criticism on them; the sidekick groups are hurt as a result. The next day, the kids come out to see sticky splats everywhere and the school flag eaten by the moths. The PJ Picture Player senses trouble up in the air and down on the ground that night, meaning that the villains must have teamed up again.
However, when the PJ Masks arrive at the museum, nothing has been stolen; they instead find Luna Girl and Night Ninja stuck on the roof. Their sidekicks have taken their sticky splats, Luna Board, and Luna Magnet and teamed up against them after their harsh words from last night. The Ninjalinos fly in with the moths on their backs and fire sticky splats. Even though Luna Girl and Night Ninja are villains, the team still needs to help them since heroes help everyone.
Gekko obtains a huge space rover model as a shield to protect everyone from the Ninja Moths’ attack. Once the coast is clear, Catboy and Owlette pull Luna Girl and Night Ninja down. There are too many Ninja Moths, however, so the villains can’t retrieve their belongings. Since they’ll be much safer traveling in the Owl-Glider, everyone runs out of the museum, Catboy and Owlette in front, Gekko in the back, and Luna Girl and Night Ninja following in the middle.
The Ninja Moths are able to sticky splat the villains before they reach the aircraft. Torn between helping either his friends or the villains, Gekko tries to save them as they are taken away, only for the acolyte group to stop him. They stick their leaders to the rocket and prepare its launch sequence outside. While the villains quarrel about whose fault it is for this dilemma, they both agree that the Ninja Moths are evil and making them look bad.
The PJ Masks look from behind the bushes. Gekko gets an idea; they can break up the Ninja Moths by bringing them back to their leaders. The way they can do that is by telling them to show how much they actually care. They’ll need to remove them from the rocket first, so Catboy and Owlette distract the Ninja Moths. Gekko camouflages himself, sneaks over, and saves Luna Girl and Night Ninja before the rocket launches, knowing that it’s the right thing to do.
Gekko tells the two that if they want their sidekicks back, then they’ll have to be nice to them and show some respect. If they don’t, then the Ninja Moths will stay together forever and keep making them look bad. Catboy and Owlette lead the Ninja Moths over to the front of the museum, where Gekko pulls down some of the Ninjalinos and takes the moths off their backs. Luna Girl and Night Ninja initially refuse to be nice, but they eventually decide to take Gekko’s advice.
The two villains compliment their respective sidekicks while insulting the other sidekick group. They argue about whose sidekicks are better and claim that they don’t need the others. After hearing the argument, the moths and Ninjalinos separate. The team catches the remaining ninjas, and the sidekicks return to their respective leaders. Everyone leaves as Night Ninja declares that they’ll be back and Luna Girl thanks Gekko for his help, who has now learned that heroes help anyone no matter the scenario. The PJ Masks proclaim their signature victory phrase.
- You must put your pride aside to help people (be helpful).
- This is the second episode that starts with Night Ninja and Luna Girl.
- This is the second episode that has the Ninjalinos leaving Night Ninja.
- The Ninjalinos and Moths work together to kill off Night Ninja and Luna Girl by sending them off into space instead of being their sidekicks.
- However, they're not the only villains who have shown psychopathic traits, as Roméo Mécano and Sorceline are implied to be more evil than they are, such as showing malicious intentions on physically harming people with lethal weapons and causing any socialogial suffering to the Animal Totems (by permanently locking them inside a cloud of Mitomites), while the latter's cartoon counterpart got more violent in Seasons 2 and 3 than she was in Season 1.
- This is the second episode where two PJ Masks members say "Time to be a hero!".
- This is the first time that Night Ninja works with the PJ Masks, making him the second villain to help them sometimes after Luna Girl.
- This is the third time Luna Girl worked with the PJ Masks.
- Gekko can be heard saying "I hate Sticky Splats!" This is the third use of the word "hate" in PJ Masks, which could be suggestive/inappropriate for some viewers.