"Octo-Trouble" (also known as Gluglu et son double in French) is the second segment of the 13th Season 4 episode of PJ Masks.
Octobella ruins Gekko's hero reputation.
The following characters appeared in the episode "Octo-Trouble":
The episode begins with Greg contacting Connor and Amaya about Robot and Robette in town. Upon arriving at HQ, PJ Robot warns them that the robots are after him. The cat-shaped bay door opens when Robette zaps it with her lasers. Gekko tries to shut it, but the rumbling from the lasers causes him to unlock the rest of the doors. Owlette quickly closes them before the robots could get in. Gekko is upset about messing up, even though the PJ Masks tell him it was a mistake.
Meanwhile, Octobella witnesses the whole situation in her lair. After seeing Gekko mess up, she uses a yellow crystal to disguise herself as him with the intention of replacing him as the others’ friend and ruining his reputation. As Gekko laments over messing up, she swims into his room, uses a Crystal Current to push him back, and traps him in a bubble. She gives him a small one so he can witness what’s happening and has Percival guard him.
“Gekko” leads PJ Robot away, grabs him, and gives him to Robot and Robette. He goes up to Catboy and Owlette and tells them that he “messed up again”because he accidentally let the robots capture him. The three head over to the Owl-Glider to see what they’re up to, “Gekko” insisting that he fly the aircraft. He does so erratically, then when Robot and Robette start attacking upon seeing the team, he “messes up” camouflaging himself to take them by surprise and using his Super Lizard Grip to climb. He proclaims that the team shouldn’t be friends with him anymore if he keeps “making mistakes.”
The team jumps down to see Robot and Robette about to place PJ Robot in Romeo's Lab so he can reprogram him to be his perfect robot sidekick. The robots resume attacking, Robot throwing a car at them. “Gekko” runs away, despite the team telling him to use his Super Gekko Muscles to catch it, which results in the villains escaping. Since he keeps “making mistakes,” he suggests that he leave the team for PJ Robot’s sake. Reluctantly, Catboy and Owlette tell him to take the night off, believing that he has an off day, and if he thinks it's for the best.
While Robot and Robette return to the Flying Factory, Romeo takes this opportunity to reprogram PJ Robot in the moat. Catboy and Owlette, still feeling awful about the decision, contemplate on using the Gekko-mobile, though they need Gekko’s help since he knows underwater things. Octobella, back in her original form, approaches them and offers to join them, hearing about what happened to Gekko. Although they don’t trust her, they accept the offer for tonight, not having any other choice if they want to save PJ Robot.
Octobella refuses to swim underwater to save PJ Robot from Romeo. She retreats to the trees to transform into Gekko and returns with a similar response. Catboy and Owlette realize that Octobella was impersonating Gekko and call her out, forcing her to reveal herself. They go inside his base room, scaring Percival away, and free him, apologizing for giving up on him, even if he was impersonated.
Gekko swims underwater and uses as much power as he can to free PJ Robot from Romeo’s grasp. As the team catches PJ Robot, Gekko grabs Romeo before he hits Octobella, who has returned to her crystal garden, and swings him out of the moat. The two resurface, Octobella amazed that Gekko saved her, though is ungrateful. He takes it in strides as she returns underwater, and the PJ Masks proclaim their signature victory phrase.
- Don't get discouraged if you mess up.
- Don't give up on others.
- Don't get tricked by wolves in sheep's clothing.
- You have to be careful who you trust.
- This episode, along with "PJ Sky Pirates," "Big Sister Motsuki," "Who Let the Moths In?," "Asteroid Accident," and the previous episode, is one of the post-"The Prank Wheelz" episodes to have Romeo's Lab.
- Using a magic shape-shifting crystal, Octobella is shown to be a shape-shifter.
- PJ Robot, Romeo, Robot, and Robette meet Octobella for the first time, but only when she was disguised as Gekko.
- As of "Octobella's Garden," PJ Robot has seen Octobella in her original form, though Romeo, Robot, and Robette have yet to see her in said form.
- Octobella's room is shown for the first time.
- Octobella is the third villain to disguise as one of the heroes.
- The first was Romeo in "Romeo's Disguise."
- The second was Night Ninja in "PJ Party Mountain."
- Interestingly, all three villains disguised themselves as heroes who are not the same gender as them.
- This episode has a few similarities with the episode "Romeo's Disguise":
- Both villains disguised themselves as a PJ Mask member and gave the imprisoned real member something to watch how they impersonated them and got others captured by Robot.
- However, unlike in "Romeo's Disguise," the other PJ Masks found out that they were with an imposter through her behavior and freed the real member, while in "Romeo's Disguise," the real member freed herself and proved she was the real one through saving the others.
- Octobella and Percival enter HQ for the first time.
- Octobella drives the Owl-Glider for the first time, but in Gekko's form.
- Greg is seen brushing his teeth for the first time.
- This marks the fifth time the PJ Masks say "PJ Masks, we're on our way! Into the night to save the day!" in their pajamas.
- Romeo tries to reprogram PJ Robot for the second time.
- This episode is also known as "Octo-Lizard" on some sites such as Disney+ and Apple TV.