Owlette (real name: Amaya) is one of the 3 main protagonists PJ Masks. She is the only female member and one quarter of the team, the only team member capable of flight, and she is the Marvel Comics-esque counterpart of the original Bibou from an alternate universe. Her vehicular method of travel is the Owl-Glider (pre-season 5) or Eagle Owl (as of "Carly and Cartoka").
Long before the events of the television series, Amaya met her friends Connor and Greg in a sandpit at school.
At an unknown specific time, Owlette, alongside Catboy and Gekko, would obtain their powers by receiving superhero suits created by their Animal Spirits. However, it is unknown what caused the Animal Spirits to give her and her friends their powers.
Owlette, with her sharp mind and super planning skills, is quick to act. She can fly, has amazing eyesight, and when she flaps her powerful wings, the bad guys are sent airborne! Keep your “Owl Eyes!” on Owlette!
Amaya can be somewhat impatient at times and tends to have a bit of an ego when something lucky happens to her, such as the time she got a lucky basketball shot in "Owlette the Winner." She can also be a bit selfish at times. Despite this, she is very sweet and cares for Connor and Greg and their safety. She's also helpful, friendly, and smart, but still naive.
As Owlette she is very quick with her abilities. Like her fellow teammates, childlike immaturity tends to overtake her mindset on the mission leading to issues (such as becoming too focused on her tablet in "Supersonic Owlette" and refusing to forgive Catboy for an earlier mistake in "Owlette's Terrible Pterodactyl Trouble"), but this is always realized and corrected leading to the mission being done properly, and the villain's plans foiled.
- Twice, Owlette got zapped by the Baby Beam and turned into Chicklette. As Chicklette, she can be very mischievous, sleepy, and sometimes whiny, and she has trouble flying until Gekko taught her. She also likes to draw on walls with chalk.
- In "Gekko and the Opposite Ray," Owlette got zapped by the Opposite Ray and turned into Dark Owl. As Dark Owl, she is evil and hostile, as she and Night Panther are super enemies with Gekko. However, she always argues with Night Panther. She also appears to be competitive, since she and Night Panther competed against each other when trying to defeat Gekko.
Motive & Abilities
Owlette and the rest of the PJ Masks will fight various nighttime villains that are scientifically oriented, most of her appearances often involve her and the team stopping villains from stealing stuff.
- Super Owl Eyes: Can see in the dark, and see things from very far away.
- Super Owl Wings: Her primary power; she can fly with her cape, like wings.
- Owl Wing Wind: Can create powerful gusts of wind with her owl wings.
- Super Owl Feathers: A power gained in "PJ Power Up," she can shoot energy feathers from her owl wings. These feathers come in various sizes, and can be used for multiple purposes, like projectiles, or to trap an opponent.
- Super Feather Shield: An ability directly related to the above; she can use her owl feathers to create a large shield.
- Super Owl Swoop: Can perform a maneuver while flying.
- Amulet Symbol: When pressed, she can communicate with her spirit animal (represented as Birdie, the Pigeon, and Owly).
- Owl Feather Nest: A power gained in "Ninja Power Up," she can create a large, cage-like nest using her owl feathers, which can be used to trap opponents.
Amaya has fair skin, long brown hair and brown eyebrows, though in some of her appearances in Season 2, she is erroneously seen without eyelashes. During the day she wears a red dress with a pair of short red leggings under the dress and a white strip going around the middle of her dress. Her dress also has short pink and white sleeves. Amaya's eyes are brown and narrow shaped with long black eyelashes. Amaya wears red glasses and a pink feather-shaped hair clip on the side of her head. She wears pink Mary Jane shoes.
During the nighttime Amaya wears a red one-piece onesie with pink sleeves, two diagonal white lines, and a pink owl symbol signifying her PJ Masks status. Like her normal attire, she wears red glasses, a pink feather-shaped hair pin, and pink Mary Jane shoes.
During the winter, she wears a thick, red jacket over her regular clothes, as well as additional gloves.
Owlette's costume is a red superheroine suit with a horned red owl mask, a red and pink feathered cape, pink accents at the side of her legs leading up to her wrists. She has pink padding at her feet and a pink owl insignia on her chest. She has narrow red eyes with red eyeshadow and black eyelashes.
When going underwater or on space missions, she wears her spacesuit, which includes a helmet, gloves, and boots worn over her regular superhero costume.
As of the episode "The PJ Riders," Owlette gains a Riding Armor anytime she summons Eagle Owl. The armor gives her a helmet with red goggles, additional armored plates that cover her usual superhero costume, and glowing red stripes. Her cape is replaced with a new cape consisting of multiple armored sections.
The one time she became Dark Owl, her appearance is identical to the normal version of Owlette, but the color of her outfit is purple, as well as her eyes.