PJ Masks Headquarters Where the team plans each mission.
The Headquarters (mostly referred to as simply HQ) is where the PJ Masks meet up to discuss the current situation, who's involved, what to do, and which vehicle to take. The building itself is in the form of a totem pole as a disguise from the public. As of "Ninja Power Up," HQ has an upgraded appearance.
HQ is located inside the city's park, on a small island surrounded by a moat. The island itself can be accessed by a bridge.
Features & functions
The Headquarters holds the following vehicles:
- Catboy's Cat Car, a high speed motor vehicle used to drive to the situation's location.
- Owlette's Owl-Glider, a small red plane for flying above a situation's setting.
- Gekko's Gekko-Mobile, a large green vehicle with underwater capabilities.
- The PJ Rovers, three motorcycles.
- PJ Robot's PJ Seeker, a large rescue-vehicle used to drive to the situation's location and stores the trio's PJ Rovers.
- The PJ Sub, a submarine for underwater missions.
As of the episode "Carly and Cartoka", all these vehicles are out of commission due to having essential parts stolen by the Speedy Twins. They are currently kept in HQ waiting for repairs.
HQ consists of 3 sections, one for each of the PJ Masks (except for PJ Robot). Catboy's room in the center is the one most frequently visited, since it is where the PJ Masks discuss their missions.
The 3 sections of HQ can rotate independently from each other.
The 3 symbols on the front side of HQ can open up like doors to let the PJ Masks' vehicles out or back in. HQ can also be accessed through a door in the side, from underwater, or a hatch in the roof.
While it is never stated by any of the characters, HQ is notably bigger on the inside than on the outside. Outside, it seems just big enough to house the vehicles, but not much more. On the inside however, the vehicles only take up a fraction of the space in each compartment.
In "Gekko Vs Armavillain," it was revealed that HQ has a basement, where the PJ Seeker is kept. The basement is built into the underwater rock formation beneath HQ.
HQ is equipped with the following features:
- The PJ Picture Player: A holographic, spherical computer with touch screen control panel. It has many functions and abilities, including controlling everything in HQ, controlling the PJ Masks' vehicles, and acting as a surveillance-like camera to find villains easily.
- A rocketship function: This allows HQ to take off like a rocket and fly through the air or even into space. When going into space, HQ can actually transform from a Totem Pole into a more spaceship like appearance known as the HQ Rocket (also known as the Aerototem or Spatiototem in French). The controls for this spaceship are located in Owlette's HQ room. The rocket function is for space missions, or occasionally for total disasters and emergencies only.
- Fire Furball: A defense mechanism for firing projectile 'furballs'. It is located at Catboy's HQ room. This function can also be used in rocketship mode.
- Mega Meow: The more powerful version of the Cat Car's Cat roar. First used in "Owlette and the Battling Headquarters."
- Owl Beam: Another defense mechanism for temporarily blinding villains with a bright light. It is located at Owlette's HQ room. Used in "Owlette and the Battling Headquarters."
- HQ spin: Causes HQ to spin around to deflect projectiles. Used in "Owlette and the Battling Headquarters."
- The PJ Crystal: A crystal statue that is the source of the PJ Masks' powers. It was first discovered by PJ Robot in "PJ Power Up," and is usually stored in a hidden room of HQ. In "Take Romeo Off The Road," PJ Robot used the energy of the statue to build the PJ Seeker.
- PJ Vault: A room where the PJ Masks store any dangerous devices and items they take from the villains, like the Moon Crystal.
- A doorbell: A bell to ring at the ground floor entrance of HQ. Luna Girl was the first to use it, since even the PJ Masks had no idea they had a doorbell.
- A scaring pose: It allows one of the door symbols on the HQ to emit an ominous, blinding light that can scare villains, as seen in "Halloween Tricksters."
- A beam for each floor of HQ: Shoots a light beam so the PJ Masks can see; accidentally revealed by Armadylan in "PJ Dylan."
- Energy Blast: While in rocket ship mode, HQ can fire a laser beam from a satellite dish on top of the ship. This was first seen in "PJ Comet."
- The 3 symbols of the HQ: Can automatically open to launch vehicles. There are also 2 other secret entrances: an underwater entrance and a roof hatch.
- PJ Sensors: Gadgets that enable the PJ Masks to sense things from far away. A sensor is located in each of the team member's base rooms.
- The PJ Masks Headquarters' physical appearance is based on its book counterpart, and takes inspiration on the Baxter Building, the headquarters of the Marvel Comics superhero team, The Fantastic Four from their titular comic book series.