"Pharaoh Boy" (also known as "Les Pyjamasques et Apophis" in French) is the first segment of the 20th Season 4 episode of PJ Masks.
PJ Robot is scared of the mystical villain, Pharaoh Boy, but when the PJ Masks need him, he faces his fear.
The following characters appeared in the episode "Pharaoh Boy (episode)":
At the start of the episode, the Wolfy Kids are seen storming out of the museum, clearly scared of something. When the PJ Masks confront them, they admit they broke into the museum, but someone inside terrified them. When the PJs investigate, they only find a piece of papyrus with Egyptian hieroglyphs. The PJs take the papyrus back to HQ, but when PJ Robot tries to read it, the paper begins to glow with purple light and zaps him, messing up his circuits.
The following day, the PJs visit the library to try and learn more about the message. They conclude there must be a new villain at work here, and decide to confront him that night. PJ Robot is still not entirely recovered from last night’s ordeal. As he stays behind in HQ, scared of the papyrus, the PJs go to the museum. When they check out the Egyptian exhibit, a portal opens up in a sphinx statue and out steps Pharaoh Boy. He quickly reveals himself to be the new villain, who intends to rule the world. He also reveals he has been spying on the PJs from the world beyond and thus knows all about their powers. In HQ, PJ Robot sees the whole thing on the Picture Player. Terrified of Pharaoh Boy, he locks himself into a force field for protection.
Catboy tries to use his super cat stripes to take away Pharaoh Boy’s staff, but this backfires as Pharaoh Boy uses the staff to make Catboy his servant. He forces Catboy to attack his teammates. Soon, Owlette and Gekko are caught and likewise put under Pharaoh Boy’s control. He details his plan to use the PJs to take over the world. During his bragging, he accidentally falls through the doors of the museum, and discovers to his surprise there is a whole world outside (during his spying, he only watched what happened inside the museum). The PJs are briefly freed because they are out of the staff’s range, but Pharaoh Boy regains control of them when they follow him outside.
Then PJ Robot shows up in the PJ Seeker, ready to face his fear to help the PJs, despite the PJs' warnings about how dangerous the Pharaoh is. Pharaoh Boy has the PJs attack PJ Robot, but he dodges their attacks until he manages to use one of Gekko’s shields to knock the staff of Ra out of Pharaoh Boy’s hands. The staff zaps him, but with great effort PJ Robot resists it until he frees the PJs from Pharaoh Boy’s control. Before the PJs can turn on him, Pharaoh Boy takes his staff back and flees back into the portal to the world beyond, swearing that he will be back. The PJs thank PJ Robot for all he has done, and shout their victory cry. In HQ, the magic papyrus suddenly vanishes.
- You should be willing to face your fears and be manageable (don't feel scared).
- This episode features Pharaoh Boy's first appearance.
- The PJ Masks, PJ Robot, and the Wolfy Kids (though off-screen) meet Pharaoh Boy for the first time.
- PJ Robot reveals to have a second cuddly after securing himself in the HQ's basement.
- It is implied that the PJ Masks would belong to a long lineage of superheroes, as Pharaoh Boy mentions that he has been eyeing the PJ Masks for thousands of years, implying that the current PJ Masks (Catboy, Owlette and Gekko) would be the latest incarnation of a long and millenary lineage of superheroes.
- PJ Robot gets a new nickname: Shiny Thing.
- This is the third time PJ Robot says "Time to be a hero!".