Season 4 is the fourth season of PJ Masks. It was announced on June 5, 2019. The source confirmed that they have started shooting on November 1, 2018 and ended on November 30, 2019. It was intended to be set to premiere in April 2020, but it was then moved back to May 15, most likely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It opened up with a 4-part story arc and finished premiering with a 2-part story arc on June 7, 2021.
In France, the season premiered in September 5, 2020.
||Original air date
||Heroes of the Sky
||May 15, 2020
||Who Let the Moths In?; Commander Meow
||May 29, 2020
||Motsuki's Missing Sister; Not so Ninja
||June 15, 2020
||PJ Party Mountain; Wolfies of the Pagoda
||July 6, 2020
||Master Fang's Secret; Aerodylan
||July 20, 2020
||Asteroid Accident; All About Asteroids
||August 3, 2020
||Romeo's Space Machine; Newton and the Ninjas
||August 17, 2020
||Missing Space Rock; Flying Factory Out of Control
||August 31, 2020
||Munki-gu; Munki-gu in the City
||September 14, 2020
||Mission Munki-gu; Legend of the Wolfy Bone
||October 5, 2020
||Gekko Vs Armavillain; Super Super Cat Speed
||October 19, 2020
||Munki-gu's Dragon; Gekko Loves Lionel
||November 2, 2020
||November 16, 2020
||Star Buddies; To the Moon and Back
||November 30, 2020
||Magnet in the Moat; Motsuki Bugs Out
||December 7, 2020
||Octobella's Garden; Sploshy Splash
||January 11, 2021
||Teeny Weeny Returns; Robo-Wolf
||January 25, 2021
||The Labours of Armadylan; Lost in Space
||February 8, 2021
||The Power of Monkey Chatter; The Secret of Monkey Goodness
||February 22, 2021
||Pharaoh Boy; By My Pharaoh Feathers
||March 8, 2021
||Pharaoh's Chariot; PJ Robot Malfunction
||March 15, 2021
||The Mysterious Masks; Battle Of The Fangs
||March 22, 2021
||Catboy's Cat; Mad With Moon Power
||March 29, 2021
||Pharaoh and The Ninjalinos; Pharaoh's Boomerangs
||May 31, 2021
||Bubbles Of Badness
||June 7, 2021
French version of Poster 2
French version of Poster 3, variation 2
Latin American version of Poster 2
Title card gallery
- The fourth season majorly focuses on the upgrades of the PJ Masks' original three vehicles.
- One of the upgrades includes the combination of said vehicles into a new aircraft, the PJ Jet.
- Another vehicle, known as the PJ Sub, is also introduced.
- News articles mentioning a PJ Masks traveling exhibit by eOne for Sea Life aquariums (most of which are now closed due to the pandemic) mention that the season will also feature new underwater missions.
- This season introduces Newton Star, the first, full-bodied appearance of Octobella, Percival, Pharaoh Boy and Munki-gu, the latter of which have first appeared at the 2020 New York Toy Fair.
- Both the first and fifth mentioned characters have had their designs revealed at the aforementioned Toy Fair, while the second and third characters' CGI designs were revealed on YouTube, and the fourth character had his design revealed in the activity page on the official website.
- As of this season, adapted versions of characters from the book series (aside from the PJ Masks, Romeo and Santa Claus) will now appear in the television series in order to remain faithful with the book series (e.g. Pharaoh Boy being an adaptation of Apophis).
- Kyle Harrison Breitkopf, who was the voice of Gekko for three seasons, was replaced by Benjamin Hum. Other voice actor replacements include:
- As of this season, Addison Holley and Brianna Daguanno have retained their voices of Owlette and Luna Girl, respectively, for four seasons straight.
- This is the first season to have the season premiere on the Disney Junior channel.
- As of this season onward, the episode format is retooled to change the plots to feel more serious and detailed compared to its childish plots in the first three seasons of the series. Other adjustments include having every episode ending in the nightime, having a special episode at the beginning and end of each season, introducing new characters periodically in interval parts of a season (compared to introducing new characters all at once in the halfway point of a season), include more episodes that focus on the entire PJ Masks, and focusing less on the original three nighttime villains due to the large amount of villains in the series.
- HQ introduces its basement in this season.
- The PJs (with the exception of Owlette and PJ Robot) get their own PJ Wings.
- This is the first season to have twenty-five episodes.
- Still, there were 52 segments.