"Slowpoke Gekko" (also known as "Gluglu l'escargot" in French) is the second segment of the 23rd Season 1 episode of PJ Masks.
Gekko has to learn to not get distracted if he wants to stop Romeo from using his super slow ray to take over the world.
The following characters appeared in the episode "Slowpoke Gekko":
The episode starts off with the kids going to class while Greg practices a basketball trick. He, Connor, and Amaya see the teacher coming, but super slowly, as well as a couple other people, animals, and insects traveling at the same speed. That night, the PJ Picture Player shows Romeo in town. The PJ Masks drive out to witness him zap a cat with a clock ray installed on his lab to make it slow.
Catboy and Owlette confront Romeo, who explains that he’s using his Go-Slow Ray to slow everyone down so he can take over the world. He’s also planning to set the clock up in the center of town so the blast wave will hit everyone. Meanwhile, a camouflaged Gekko sneaks up to the lab and is about to take position when he sees the slow-moving cat. Interested, he goes over to take a look, missing his signal, and reveals himself. Romeo gets away, but he assures the team that he has another plan.
Gekko drives to catch up with Romeo, then places his Gekko-mobile on camouflage mode so he can pull up next to him. A bird lands on top of the dome; the team tries to shoo it away, but Romeo finds out where they are. Gekko doesn’t pay any attention as he is too focused on the bird. He notices too late Romeo pulling up in front of the vehicle and zapping it in slow motion. He escapes, and the team is forced to go after him on foot.
A few moments later, the team finds Romeo and Robot playing frisbee in the sports field. Since Romeo can’t slow them all down if they split up, Catboy and Owlette take their positions to charge towards him head-on while Gekko stays hidden, promising that there’ll be no distractions this time. However, after Romeo zaps the frisbee in slow motion when Robot quickly throws it to him, he gives himself away by loudly proclaiming how awesome it is. Romeo zaps him, and he and Robot leave for the center of town.
Gekko realizes it’s all his fault because he kept getting distracted, which got in the way of stopping Romeo. He states that Catboy and Owlette should go after him themselves, but when they refuse, knowing that they’re a team, he also realizes that even though he might be slow, he can still help as long as he focuses. The team heads over to the town square as Robot sets up the clock. Gekko instructs Owlette to distract Romeo, then gives the same instructions to Catboy if she gets zapped. He promises that nothing will distract him this time.
Gekko slowly makes his way to the clock, making sure not to let anything distract him. In the ensuing chaos around him, Catboy, Owlette, and Robot get zapped. He fortunately arrives just in time before Romeo can zap the whole town in slow motion. He throws the invention down, and it breaks, reverting everything affected back to normal. The villains escape while Gekko does his Gekko Go-Go dance to celebrate, much to Romeo’s chagrin. The PJ Masks proclaim their signature victory phrase.
The next day, Connor and Amaya ask Greg if he can show them his basketball trick, which he offers to do later since they have class. Proud of him for not getting distracted, the three high-five each other in slow motion and laugh, ending the episode.
- You must focus in important situations (don't get distracted).
- A bell could be heard ringing at Connor, Greg and Amaya's school for the first time (this doesn't usually occur in the series).
- Romeo took plenty of joy in making several speed-related puns against the PJ Masks.
- Gekko does his "Gekko Go-Go" dance for the first time.
- As a result, Romeo can be heard saying "I hate the Gekko Go-Go!". This is the second use of the word "hate" in PJ Masks, which could be suggestive/inappropriate for some viewers.
- Gekko's habit of getting distracted easily is emphasized in this episode.
- This is the last episode of Season 1 that features Romeo and Robot as the primary villains.
- After Romeo says that he hates the Gekko Go-Go, he says "Curse you, PJ Masks!". This is the first use of the words "curse you" in PJ Masks, which could also be suggestive/inappropriate for some viewers.
- This is the last episode Alex Thorne voices Romeo.