"Star Buddies" (also known as "Hector et le copain d'étoile" in French) is the first segment of the 14th Season 4 episode of PJ Masks.
PJ Robot wants to be Newton's space buddy, but first he needs to power up!
The following characters appeared in the episode "Star Buddies":
The episode begins with Newton Star telling the PJ Masks about going into deep space to see a super asteroid with the possibility of gaining some of its power. PJ Robot begs to come with him as he knows a lot about space, Gekko suggesting that they could be star buddies. Although impressed, Newton is unsure about PJ Robot being ready, informing that super asteroids can be hard to control. Instead, he gives him a space rock to figure out what it is and leaves before he could hear him on what he needs to say.
PJ Robot shines the rock under the moonlight, which glows and speeds around the team, making them laugh. The next day, reading his information, Newton identifies the rock to be a giggle rock, its unusual space energy making people laugh uncontrollably. He then reads his information about the super asteroid, including a way to gather its power. Convinced, he allows him to come with him as a star buddy. That night, the team passes the information to him, much to his delight.
A few moments later, after the team drops off PJ Robot, he and Newton fly over to the super asteroid and power up together. An energized and ecstatic PJ Robot flies around, not hearing Newton’s warning that he has more power than usual. Suddenly, Newton sees Luna Girl and Motsuki. He pushes PJ Robot unknowingly heading for them out of the way before he gets captured. Just as the girls fly over to the asteroid to get some power themselves, the team, who has witnessed everything from the PJ Picture Player, knocks them to the moon.
Unaware of the danger, however, PJ Robot powers up even more. He overloads and gets blasted to the moon where a recovered Luna Girl and Motsuki catch him. They trap him in a crystal pod inside the Lunar Fortress and drain his asteroid power into the Luna Magnet and Motsuki’s crystal. Luna Girl summons her Luna Wand, creates the Mega Magnet, and uses it on the PJ Masks attempting to rescue him. They then attempt to zap Newton coming in to do the same thing, though he manages to escape.
Once Luna Girl and Motsuki leave, Newton uses his Star Power to free PJ Robot. PJ Robot apologizes, ashamed that he failed him. Newton comforts him, telling him that he doesn’t need to impress him and that everyone makes mistakes; he thinks that he’s amazing and affirms that they’re star buddies. PJ Robot perks up and high-fives him, who then transfers some of his asteroid power to him.
Newton and PJ Robot easily take on Luna Girl and Motsuki when they return. Newton knocks Luna Girl off her Luna Board and takes the Luna Wand. Before he can disable the Mega Magnet, Motsuki quickly stops him while the HQ Rocket crash-lands. The team runs out to help him, only for the girls to capture the four kids as soon as they retrieve the Luna Wand until PJ Robot comes out and uses the giggle rock on them as a diversion.
The heroes are freed, allowing Newton to grab the Luna Wand and disable the Mega Magnet, which crashes into the ground. He absorbs the asteroid power and gives the Luna Magnet back to Luna Girl after the giggle rock stops spinning around her and Motsuki. Defeated, the girls walk away as they continue laughing. The team commends PJ Robot and Newton on a job well done, and the heroes proclaim the signature victory phrase.
- Like "Romeo's Space Machine," "Legend of the Wolfy Bone," and "Octobella's Garden," this episode was leaked via a storyboard, but unlike those three episodes, only a clip of it was online twice, thus implying that Camille Aigloz only did said clip, while the rest of the storyboard was done by another storyboard artist.
- This is the third time Newton says the PJ Masks' motto, "Time to be a hero!".
- Luna calls Newton "Library Boy" for the first time.
- Luna & Motsuki get a new nickname: Moon Girls.
- Newton says Luna Girl's full name for the first time.
- The Mega Magnet makes its third appearance.
- It's revealed that asteroid power connected with moon power creates the Luna Wand.
- Newton enters the Lunar Fortress for the first time.
- In one scene, Luna Girl has her moon space cover on even though she was in the Fortress.
- Plot-hole: It's unknown how Motsuki lost her space power, but in the next episode she doesn't have it or doesn't use or mention it.