"Take Romeo Off The Road" (also known as "Pyja-Robot et l'Extra-totem" in French) is the first segment of the 16th Season 3 episode of PJ Masks.
When the PJ Masks get locked in the lab, it's up to PJ Robot to rescue them.
While the Les Pyjamasques pursue Roméo in his Lab, they are locked up there, trapped by a new inventory of the little mad genius depriving them of their power. Pyja-Robot then creates a new vehicle to save them: the Tractotem.
The following characters appeared in the episode "Take Romeo Off The Road":
The episode begins with the PJ Masks chasing Romeo. As he escapes for now, he leaves a trail of destruction behind that causes the Cat-Car to crash. Everyone comes out unharmed, although PJ Robot becomes agitated. The next day, Connor, Amaya, and Greg are worried about him because of what happened last night, as they initially intended to take him for a ride. Considering that Romeo’s driving is dangerous and making him mad, they decide to get the lab away from him for good.
That night, PJ Robot informs the team that the Cat-Car is not fixed yet and is still angry about the past encounters that they’ve had with the lab. He asks if he can come with them to deal with the vehicle once and for all, but they assure him that they can handle it and inform him to stay at HQ where it’s safe and manage repairs, much to his disappointment.
Upon taking off into town in the Owl-Glider and Gekko-mobile, Romeo passes by and fires his Clumsy Ray at the latter vehicle. It crashes, taking Catboy and Gekko off the road. As Owlette chases Romeo and avoids his attacks, PJ Robot contacts the team again about helping them out, to which they give him the same response. Romeo flips the Gekko-mobile over, then continues attacking Owlette. A laser deflects towards his lab, causing it to become clumsy. He and Robot are forced to escape.
After Catboy and Gekko board the lab, it jumps off and lands at the top of the museum. Owlette checks to see if they’re alright, but it continues malfunctioning, resulting in the Owl-Glider to get damaged. Despite all of their vehicles now out of action and being concerned about PJ Robot’s reaction towards the situation, the team believes that the lab also shares the same status and infiltrates it. However, Romeo, who has spied on them and thought of a plan during this time, returns, traps them, and drains their powers to power up the vehicle.
During Romeo’s test drive, Owlette manages to use what’s left of her powers to disable the lab’s controls. Unfortunately, this only causes it to malfunction and drop multiple parts and inventions into town. PJ Robot, who has left HQ after receiving the PJ Picture Player’s warning, takes cover during his rescue attempt and looks at the mess around him. Getting an idea, he takes the parts and inventions back to HQ, fixes them, and creates a new vehicle with the help of the HQ Crystal.
In a few moments, PJ Robot frees the team and introduces the new vehicle: the PJ Seeker, which takes on a similar appearance to HQ. Once they briefly orient themselves, he has them stand on a pedestal so he can give them their powers. Now facing Romeo, who attacks the vehicle with Owlette’s powers, he pulls him down with a special grabber, then uses a sonic laser to disable Gekko’s powers when he attempts to escape, knocking off Robot. Romeo speeds off with Catboy’s powers, only for the team to overtake him with the PJ Seeker’s mega speed and stop him from advancing.
Gekko spins the lab around before Romeo can use his Forcefield Thrower on the team until his PJ power supply empties. Robot catches up and carries the lab away as it shuts down and Romeo falls towards the back, not knowing that he was only supposed to take him out of the vehicle. Thanks to PJ Robot, the PJ Masks now have the PJ Seeker to stop the lab from causing any more trouble in the future. They apologize to him for not letting him join them earlier, praise him for what he built, and express their gratitude to have him, affirming that he’s more than just the little member.
- Have others help out when given the chance.
- This is the second appearance of the PJ Seeker.
- The first appearance was in the short "PJ Racing."
- However, the short is chronologically set after the episode as it showed how the vehicle was built.
- Romeo's Clumsy Ray makes its returning appearance since "Clumsy Catboy."
- The PJ Crystal makes its second appearance since its first one in "PJ Power Up."
- Catboy licks himself the second time.
- The first time he licked himself was in "Terrible Two-Some" after being zapped by Romeo's Baby Beam and becoming his baby alter ego, Kitten Boy.
- This episode, along with "Glowy Moths," is one of the episodes to foreshadow the creation of the Sky Factory.
- Romeo's Pogo Dozer makes its third appearance.
- This is the fourth time the PJ Masks' powers get taken from them.
- When Owlette says that they are out of vehicles, she and the other PJ Masks seem to have forgotten about the PJ Rovers. This implies that they didn't need them during this mission, though the short "PJ Racing" seems to show that PJ Robot put the rovers in the PJ Seeker while he was building it.
- Scenes from "Robot Goes Wrong" and "Owlette Slips Up" are shown at one point on the PJ Picture Player.