|"The Disappearing Ninjas"
|Season 3, episode 23B|
(Overall episode #145)
| United States of America January 17, 2020 Canada January 18, 2020
||Christian De Vita
||Christian De Vita
|Viewer count (millions)
"PJ Sky Pirates"
"The Disappearing Ninjas" (also known as "Bibou et les ninjas disparus" in French, and The Disappearing Ninja in TV guides) is the second segment of the 23rd Season 3 episode of PJ Masks.
The PJ Masks investigate Night Ninja when the Ninjalinos keep disappearing.
The following characters appeared in the episode "The Disappearing Ninjas":
The episode begins with Connor, Amaya, and Greg at the cinema. A new crossover movie starring Master Fang and Flossy Flash is out. However, the cinema is closed because there are sticky splats covering the entrance. Later that night, the PJ Masks check the PJ Picture Player for any signs of Night Ninja or his Ninjalinos. Nothing comes up, so they take off in the Cat-Car to find them themselves.
The PJ Masks spot the Ninjalinos and follow them to a building. Under the request, Night Ninja asks them for their help: they were at the cinema last night when something attacked them, resulting in a couple of the Ninjalinos vanishing. Suddenly, another one disappears. The PJ Masks think this is a trick, though, as it’s normal for ninjas to disappear, and Night Ninja can be tricky, especially with what happened in the past. The villain reminds them that they’re heroes, and his past actions have happened before the current situation, but they refuse to help.
An Yu suddenly comes in and asks for the PJ Masks’ help. Strange things are happening around Mystery Mountain, though she doesn’t know why. Night Ninja is angry because the team is helping her instead of the ninjas. They eventually decide to help the villains out as well, saying they should split up, but he rejects the offer. The ninjas run away, leaving the PJ Masks to help An Yu since ninjas are tricky and the mountain is in danger. The heroes don’t realize that they’re actually telling the truth; the rest of the Ninjalinos have disappeared afterwards.
The winds blow from the portal to the mountain, though An Yu doesn’t understand what they are saying. Owlette flies over to the library to hopefully find some clues in the mystery section. Meanwhile, Night Ninja arrives at the park alone, where he is soon accompanied by Teeny Weeny, who sensed that something was wrong with the ninjas. They hug, but are then forced to run when an unknown shadow hovers over them from above.
Owlette takes out multiple books and searches through all of them, but she is not able to find anything about the mountain’s behavior. She begins to exit the library, when PJ Robot suddenly contacts her about something in the sky - the sky portal to Mystery Mountain. Night Ninja and Teeny Weeny reach Owlette’s location, where it is then revealed that the Sky Factory was the one they are running from. Night Ninja makes it to safety, but the vacuum sucks up Owlette and Teeny Weeny.
In the control room, the Fly Bots take Teeny Weeny to the cell where the other Ninjalinos are located. Romeo reveals that he was responsible for the disappearing Ninjalinos. Since his factory is too big for a normal-sized portal, he is going to drain their power so they can make the size of the sky portal suitable enough for his factory to go through, especially now that he has enough Ninjalinos. The Fly Bots then grab Owlette and take her to the cell as well.
Inside the gates, An Yu finds an inscription carved on one of the stone slabs. She tells Catboy and Gekko that she still can’t understand what the mountain is saying. The only thing she can understand through the winds was to trust the ninjas. Night Ninja appears by smoke bomb and asks for the heroes’ help. All the Ninjalinos and Owlette are gone because of Romeo. The factory soon arrives at Mystery Mountain, the sky portal now intact. The vacuum proceeds to take the mountain splat from the splat volcano, while the Fly Bots prepare to take everything in the pagoda so Romeo will be powerful enough to take over the world.
The heroes apologize to Night Ninja about not helping him earlier; if they had done so, then Romeo would not be able to attack. They can still save the mountain and everyone trapped in the factory if they all work together. They ask Night Ninja to help out, and the villain accepts, proclaiming that “it’s time to be a hero.” In the factory’s cell, the Ninjalinos use whatever’s left of their power to open up the cell door. Before Owlette is placed inside, she distracts the Fly Bots, giving Teeny Weeny a chance to squeeze through the door and escape.
Teeny Weeny rides a Fly Bot down to where Catboy, Gekko, An Yu, and Night Ninja are fighting the Fly Bots. He transforms into the Splat Monster and helps take care of some of them. More keep coming, which means that the Flying Factory will have to be stopped from inside and, in addition, free Owlette and the Ninjalinos from their prison. Teeny Weeny throws Night Ninja up there so he can do so, and the heroes continue taking on the Fly Bots.
Night Ninja sneaks inside the factory, sticky splatting a couple of Fly Bots guarding the cell, and frees Owlette and the Ninjalinos. The Ninjalinos sticky splat the rest of the Fly Bots and sabotage the factory, while Night Ninja and Owlette reverse the vacuum and sabotage the controls in the control room. Everyone safely lands as Catboy, Gekko, An Yu, and Teeny Weeny finish defeating the bots, and altogether, they use their powers to send Romeo back to the city and close the sky portal. The kids celebrate their victory as the heroes thank Night Ninja and his Ninjalinos for their help, An Yu and Night Ninja both agreeing to settle on a temporary alliance.
- Do not be quick to distrust or blame others. Help them instead.
- Romeo, Robot, Robette, and the Fly Bots meet An Yu and Teeny Weeny for the first time.
- However, the Fly Bots meet An Yu directly because they were fighting the group at the pagoda in an attempt to steal its relics, while Romeo, Robot, and Robette met An Yu indirectly because they were in the Sky Factory at that time.
- As of "Invisible Munki-Gu," Romeo met An Yu directly, while Robot and Robette have yet to do so.
- Night Ninja is the third villain to say "Time to be a hero!"
- The first villain was Romeo when he was Captain Smarty Pants in "Gekko and the Opposite Ray," but he only said this phrase in the French version of the show. Whereas in the English version, he said, "Okay super buddy, let's take these villains down!".
- The second villain was Luna Girl in "Best Friends Forever."
- This is the fourth time Night Ninja works with the PJ Masks to save the day, though this happens later.
- This is the fifth time An Yu sets foot in the city.
- Romeo is the fifth villain to be at Mystery Mountain.
- Night Ninja reveals that one of the Ninjalinos is named Daisy.
- It also reveals that there are female Ninjalinos.
- Night Ninja narrates the episode title for the third time.
- The first time he narrated a title of an episode was in "Flight of the Ninja," and the second time was in "Werejalinos."
- In the French dub, however, Owlette narrates the episode title instead, seeing as the episode seems to focus on her as well.
- This is the last episode of Season 3 that features Robette as one of the primary villains.
- Teeny Weeny becomes the Splat Monster for the third time.
- The first two times were in "The Splat Monster" and "A Teeny Weeny Problem."
- Teeny Weeny enters the Sky Factory for the first time.
- The PJ Masks mention Night Ninja’s actions in the past, such as attempting to fill up their HQ with sticky splat in "Who's Got the Owl Power?" and setting off the splat volcano in "Gekko Vs. the Splatcano."
- The PJ Picture Player also shows a scene where Night Ninja creates the Sky Portal from “Flight of the Ninja.”
- The sky portal to Mystery Mountain is made for the third time.
- The first time was in "Flight of the Ninja," and the second time was in "Wheels of a Hero."
- The Ninjalinos use their parachutes for the second time.