"To the Moon and Back" (also known as "Yoyo et le cristal de téléportation" in French) is the second segment of the 14th Season 4 episode of PJ Masks.
Catboy wants to be able to teleport to the moon like Motsuki.
The following characters appeared in the episode "To the Moon and Back":
The episode begins with the PJ Masks going to the park to celebrate Gekko’s birthday with Newton Star, complete with a lizard birthday cake made from scratch by Catboy. Just as Gekko blows out the candles and makes a wish, Luna Girl and Motsuki swipe the cake away for their moon tea party. Catboy unsuccessfully attempts to get it back from them until they teleport to the moon.
The heroes witness the girls eating the cake on the PJ Picture Player, then come out when they teleport outside HQ to teasingly ask Catboy for the recipe before they teleport again. Gekko tries to cheer him up by thanking him for the cake, although Catboy is upset and irritated, especially with Motsuki’s teleporting powers. Just then, he hears the girls arguing with his Super Cat Ears.
After Motsuki teleports away, the team meets Luna Girl in town. She complains that Motsuki won’t take her to the moon anymore and wishes that she could find another teleport crystal like hers so she can do so herself. She quickly flies away afterwards. The next day, Connor, Amaya, and Greg ask Newton if he can help them find the crystal on the moon so they can stop the trouble faster. He declines as he has to study a comet, but wishes them luck in finding it, if it exists.
That night, as the team blasts off into space, Owlette and Gekko inform Catboy that they were able to stop Luna Girl and Motsuki in the past with their powers. They also don’t know if the crystal is safe, especially with what happened when Gekko found the Teleporting Crystal. Catboy, too impatient to get to the moon, assures that it should be safe since Motsuki’s using one. The team soon arrives and finds the crystal in a crater. Except for Catboy, they become suspicious on why Luna Girl didn’t grab the crystal herself if it’s that easy to find.
When Catboy approaches the crater, the crystal teleports to another one. He tries to get it multiple times, but to no avail. Owlette and Gekko suggest that they should go back to HQ and think of a plan together. Catboy just tries once more and this time succeeds. However, it reveals to be a trick as the crystal is actually Motsuki. She and Luna Girl made up the other teleport crystal so they can bait them to the moon. They bring them to the park with Motsuki’s teleport powers, including PJ Robot. They then teleport back and take HQ, bumping into Newton along the way.
Catboy apologizes for placing the team in the situation. Suddenly, upon seeing the Wolfies drive by, he gets an idea. The team meets up with the Wolfies and mentions the time the Wolf Wheelz was created by moonlight. They offer to help power it up by taking it to the moon. The Wolfies refuse at first, but with the vehicle’s approval and Catboy’s kitty face, they allow them.
Using a ramp and with Newton’s help, the team drives off into space, the Wolfies cheering them on. Luna Girl and Motsuki see them while arguing over which room each should take and attack, though they manage to go through. Once close enough, PJ Robot unlocks the door. Catboy wraps up Luna Girl and Motsuki with his Super Cat Stripes before the latter can teleport them again. Owlette lands HQ, drops the girls off on the moon, and she, Gekko, and PJ Robot return inside.
Back on Earth, the now powered-up Wolf Wheelz comes out, and the Wolfies drive off before it powers down. With Catboy now learning his lesson, the PJ Masks proclaim their signature victory phrase.
- Be happy with what you already have.
- The episode's title is a reference to the same song title by Savage Garden and Chrisette Michele's song from her album Milestone.
- The PJ Masks ride the Wolf Wheelz for the first time.
- Gekko references the time he found the Teleporting Crystal in "Gekko Everywhere."
- The PJ Masks reference the time when the Wolf Wheelz was created in "The Moon Prix."
- Amy Waddell debuts as a writer in this episode.
- This is the second time Gekko's birthday is celebrated.
- It is revealed that Catboy can bake when he said that he baked the lizard cake for Gekko himself.
- The Wolf Wheelz goes to the moon for the first time.
- Newton Star meets the Wolfies for the first time.
- Catboy is the second character to call Luna Girl and Motsuki "Moon Girls."
- The first character to do so was Newton Star in "Star Buddies."
- This is the second time where Luna and Motsuki try to take over HQ.
- Luna pilots the HQ Rocket for the first time.
- This is the second time Motsuki sits in one of the PJ Masks' seats.
- Catboy's cute kitty eyes seem to have an effect on only Rip and Kevin, but not on Howler.
- The Wolf Wheelz returns after "Where's The Wolf Wheelz?."